Our library will be open from 7:30 am to 3:45 pm daily for all students and staff. Students will be able to check out books before and after school. Castro Elementary will work toward the following competencies throughout the school year.
- Maintain a successful Accelerated Reader program
- Increase circulation
- Learn to utilize research tools effectively
- Align library skills with the TEKS objectives
- Use a variety of electronic resources to acquire information
- Allow for the "love and appreciation" for all types of literature and genres