Our library will be open from 7:30am to 4:00pm daily for all students and staff. Students will be able to check out books before and after school. Castro Elementary will work toward the following competencies throughout the school year.
- Maintain a successful Accelerated Reader program
- Increase circulation
- Learn to utilize research tools effectively
- Align library skills with the TEKS objectives
- Use a variety of electronic resources to acquire information
- Allow for the "love and appreciation" for all types of literature and genres